Living in the Pacific North West, it seems like the edge of Spring hovers just beyond reach for a really, really long time. We get nice days and we establish the hope that full fledged Spring will soon be upon us....and we wait and wait....
In New England it was a more definite change. After enduring month upon month of endless snow, slush and freezing rain, suddenly gray skies would give way to blue and the melting began. We knew.....here, we are never quite sure but always hopeful....
So I have been day dreaming about Spring and thought of the five main things I am looking forward to the most:
1. Getting the yard started: Our yard...oh our yard, it is a big slab of dirt and mud and cut down trees. We have a vision and after bringing in almost 30 loads of dirt last summer, I am hopeful things will move more quickly this Spring since we have a foundation.
2. Grilling Outside: We have a huge, amazing grill that means I don't have to cook inside. Whoo hoo! But more importantly it means that possible the hubs may cook...maybe....
3. Sunshine: I swear that nothing competes with the feel of sun on your skin.
4. Our Gardens: I have been harboring an inner gardener who is busting to get out. I have a bizillion books and I ogle the plant catalogs. This relates to point 1, since we still need to make the garden beds.
5. Sitting on my deck and watching the trees move in the breeze and watching a million amazing sunsets over the Olympic Mountains (I will do my best to keep the pictures to a minimum as it is well documented that I take far too many sunset pictures).
There is no such thing as too many sunset pictures!! Although they are never as good as the real thing!
ReplyDelete