I have long been a believer in living in gratitude and giving thanks for all the wonders in our world, and I have really come into my own in the past few years and feel comfortable in my skin...an odd and wonderful feeling for anyone.
I feel in an odd place that I am feeling grateful for my body. Ok, this may be a good cue for males to bow out as they may not fully get this....gone?....ok good....
Women are not encouraged to be comfortable or confident with themselves and this is unfortunate...
That is why I want to take this opportunity to give thanks to my body. Yep I said it! MY BODY!
Ok that is not meant to sound egotistic my any means, so let me clarify.
I am committed to living a wonderful life and just as I am grateful for my care for getting me to and from school drop offs and swimming lessons and playdates, I am grateful for my body for all that it does for me.....wow, novel huh....just think about it....what does yours do for you?
-I am grateful for legs that on any morning will run me several miles through the fresh morning air in the countryside.
-I am grateful for arms that surround those I love
-I am grateful for hands that comfort, work and complete.
-I am grateful for a mind that continually seeks knowledge and growth.
-I am grateful for a heart that is open, honest and sees that world with love.
-I am grateful for a spirit that is always seeking adventure.
-I am grateful for a soul that can find the good.
-I am grateful for a body that gave me my beautiful children.
No comments:
Post a Comment