Friday, May 1, 2009

Clandestine Altruism..Pay it Forward




I think the majority of the world has a good heart and those that don't have simply misplaced it and need to find it again.
Ok, I can feel the collective eyes of the Nation rolling before me, but just give me a second.
We all have those moments where we see something or hear something and think "glad that's not me" or "someone should do something"..etc....
But we have turned into more private human beginnings rather that the community focused people that we used to be.
Ok, I have deviated a little from my original intent...
My point is that it takes very little to make a difference in someone else's day. Think about all those turning points you have had where a good day turns to bad...now think of what could have been done to prevent that or make it go in a completely positive direction.....

This has become my latest mission. I have taken to clandestine altruism that I want to accept no gratitude for, I simply hope it gets paid forward somehow and the chain continues.
My big thing has been plugging other people's meters. I got a parking ticket last week and it ruined my day. For some reason I just brood on those things. Today I parked in the same spot (by the post office), plugged my meter and notice the car behind me had an expired meter so I put in a quarter. Maybe they came out and said "whoo hoo I didn't get a ticket suckers!", but maybe they came out and said "hey there's time on the meter, I didn't do that... that's nice, I'll do something nice now"...
I don't know, maybe I am hoping, but I think that nothing bad can come from trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment